Human Medicine, Health Sciences
2) accident and health insurance; if necessary, the OeAD (Austrian Agency for International Cooperation in Education and Research) will effect an accident and health insurance. The costs for the insurance have to be covered from the scholarship.
3) The OeAD provides scholarship holders with accommodation (student dormitory or apartment). Monthly costs: 220 to 470 EUR (depending on the level of comfort requested by the scholarship holder). The scholarship holder has to pay an administrative fee of 18 EUR/month to the OeAD for the provision of accommodation. The costs for the accommodation have to be covered from the scholarship.
4) Applicants from countries which are neither members of the EU nor members of EFTA or OECD can be granted a travel allowance. The lump sum depends on the country of origin.
Please be aware that the information provided here may alter for the deadline on March 1st 2016. We will provide you with an up-to-date information as soon as possible.
Eligible for application are Postdocs, working at universities outside of Austria
- who are descendants of forced labourers (regardless of their country of origin)
- or come from countries that have exceptionally suffered from the Nazi regime, especially from the recruitment of forced labourers
No scholarships are awarded for summer courses, language courses, clinical traineeships or internships.
Applicants must not have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work in Austria in the last six months before taking up the grant.
40 years at the time of submission of the application (for the application deadline September 1, 2015: born on or after September 1, 1975)
The following documents have to be uploaded for the Online Application on www.scholarships.at:
- fully completed Online Application form “Application for a Scholarship of the Scholarship Foundation of the Republic of Austria” including a CV and a project plan, describing the plans and completed preparatory work for the research stay in Austria.
- confirmation of supervision by a supervisor at the chosen Austrian university or research institution including a description of the planned / existing institutional cooperation.
- two letters of recommendation from university lecturers. For these letters of recommendation no specific form is required; they have to contain the letterhead, date and signature of the person recommending the applicant and the stamp of the university / department and must be no older than six months at the time of application
- scanned passport (showing the name and picture of the applicant)
- scanned transcript of the completed doctoral/PhD studies
- for descendants of forced labourers: processing number or photocopy of the letter of information or other relevant proofs
- Formal check (through the OeAD-GmbH)
- Value for the involved institutions (build-up and/or continuation of an institutional cooperation)
- What are the plans for the research stay in the framework of the scholarship?
- How will the project be carried out? Which scientific methods will you apply?
- What are the main objectives of your research stay in Austria
- Which steps have you planned in order to achieve these objectives (research in archives, interviews, . . .)?
- Have you already completed preparatory work to achieve these objectives (if yes, which ones)?
- Where do you plan to carry out your project (library, archive, institute . . .)?
- list of publications or documents in regard to your artistic work so far.
- plausibility of the application.
All scholarships are based on competition. This means that even in the case of the fulfilment of all the requirements there is no legal claim to the award of the scholarship.
An award is only possible once per category, a renewal is not possible.
Scholarships are also awarded for research periods at scientific research institutions in Austria (e.g. universities, Austrian Academy of Sciences, National Library, National Archive).
As for article 1 of the Austrian Data Protection Act, BGBl. Nr. 165/1999 in the present version, the applicant is aware of the fact and fully agrees that personal data contained in the application and its enclosures may be forwarded to the authority processing the scholarship, the contracting parties, the Austrian Foreign Ministry and other granting authorities for statistical purposes and in order to ensure that the application can be processed properly.
Applications that are incomplete at the time of submission or do not meet the requirements cannot be taken into consideration! If a scholarship is awarded due to incorrect data or if there is a case of double financing, the full scholarship has to be paid back.